movie rental problems
Michelle Steiner
2009-07-31 17:40:31 UTC
I had an expired rented movie on my iPhone; it did not exist in the
iTunes store any more. It did not show up in the iPhone's interface,
nor was it anywhere in the iTunes files on my computer. It took up a
gig of memory on the iPhone.

The only way I was able to get rid of it from the iPhone was the restore
the iPhone and then resynchronize the phone with the computer.
Restoring from the backup would not have done any good because the
backup contained that movie.
--
Member National Rifle Association
Member American Civil Liberties Union
Member Human Rights Campaign
Larry
2009-07-31 18:31:06 UTC
Post by Michelle Steiner
I had an expired rented movie on my iPhone
Rented?? They RENT movies?! How silly......
--
Larry

http://flightaware.com/analysis/allflights_movie.rvt
Each tiny red dot is an airliner in this Quicktime movie, ONE recent day of
air travel in the USA. What would happen if "they" found out this was the
real source of air pollution or cancer or why all the bugs around my
streetlight have disappeared? Would "they" tell us? Would "they" STOP
IT?!
Michelle Steiner
2009-07-31 18:46:19 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by Michelle Steiner
I had an expired rented movie on my iPhone
Rented?? They RENT movies?! How silly......
Not silly at all; I wanted to watch it on an airplane flight, and didn't
want to buy it because I doubted that I would ever want to see it again.
Larry
2009-07-31 20:12:31 UTC
Post by Michelle Steiner
Post by Larry
Post by Michelle Steiner
I had an expired rented movie on my iPhone
Rented?? They RENT movies?! How silly......
Not silly at all; I wanted to watch it on an airplane flight, and didn't
want to buy it because I doubted that I would ever want to see it again.
No, no, NO!......

First you buy a device that can PLAY movies downloaded free from usenet,
usually in DivX format (alt.binaries.movies.divx). This device also
needs to have some way of loading large files, quickly, either over a
network bandwidth, USB port or by removable, rewritable and tiny-for-
their-capacity cards, preferably cards that are standardized and very
cheap. SDHC cards currently fit this condition very well. 16GB SDHC
cards are down to $35-40 and can be infinitely reloaded and reused. The
number of cards you need depends on how long your travels are and how
intensive your movie/music addictions. DivX movies are from 730MB to
1.4GB so from 21 to 11 movies fit on a single card with room left over
for a few hundred MP3 files the device should also be able to play
without special, proprietary controls. You should be able to simply
load the movie on the card, plug in the card and play it with any file
manager. Even on a netbook, SDHC cards are BEST because they don't
require the hard drive in the netbook to run continuously. They used
MUCH less power than a running hard drive, so I prefer them for movie
storage.

Now you are only limited by how many terabyte USB hard drives your desk
has room for...(c;] I've graduated to network drives, here, so my
mobile devices can load movies/music directly off the network really
fast, whether wifi or direct Ethernet at 100Mbps. Loading a movie takes
approximately 3 minutes directly connected to my router, directly to
either a pocket tablet's SDHC card or the netbook SDHC cards.

Now your problem is movies are 90-120 minutes long and you must allocate
"quality time" during lunch at a nice restaurant to watch "Angels and
Demons", because to stop such a deep plot and exciting movie just
because you have to be back at work at 1 is horrible!

There's a cool little wallet for SD cards that can store a lot more of
them than you'll ever own. It's about the size of an eyeglass case and
1/2" thick. Your whole movie collection after years of downloading will
probably fit, if you want variety.
--
Larry

Rent? How silly....(c;]
Michelle Steiner
2009-07-31 21:31:54 UTC
Post by Larry
Rent? How silly....(c;]
Oh, I understand now. And you don't work for a living; you hack into a
bank's network and download free money.

Work? How silly.

I'm not a thief.
Larry
2009-07-31 23:44:22 UTC
Post by Michelle Steiner
I'm not a thief.
You never recorded a song off the radio? bought a used book? used CD or
video game from the thrift shop? "They" didn't get paid for those from
you, either.

You surprise me, Michelle...(c;]

You must never give a CD to a friend or a DVD movie or video game or book
you've grown tired of. They must always by a new one at full price.

What a crock of pure bullshit.....and you know it.

IT?!
Michelle Steiner
2009-07-31 23:57:56 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by Michelle Steiner
I'm not a thief.
You never recorded a song off the radio?
Nope.
Post by Larry
bought a used book? used CD or video game from the thrift shop?
"They" didn't get paid for those from you, either.
Perfectly legal and ethical. When someone buys one of them, the seller
relinquishes it; there remains only one item, in the possession of only
one person.

The appropriate analogy to downloading pirated music, movies, etc., is
buying a photocopy of a book or a duplicate of the original CD or video
game.

It's amazing how thieves rationalize their thievery.
nospam
2009-08-01 00:00:37 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by Michelle Steiner
I'm not a thief.
You never recorded a song off the radio? bought a used book? used CD or
video game from the thrift shop? "They" didn't get paid for those from
you, either.
none of those are relevant.
Post by Larry
You must never give a CD to a friend or a DVD movie or video game or book
you've grown tired of. They must always by a new one at full price.
also not relevant, and a straw man.
just about everything you post qualifies as such.
nospam
2009-07-31 21:38:52 UTC
aside from being illegal, the iphone can do that.
Larry
2009-07-31 23:45:43 UTC
Post by nospam
Post by Larry
First you buy a device that can PLAY movies downloaded free from
usenet, usually in DivX format (alt.binaries.movies.divx).
aside from being illegal, the iphone can do that.
Illegal? Where do you hear that? You didn't sell it, distribute it, you
watched it. You are all just so brainwashed by "them".....

IT?!
Michelle Steiner
2009-07-31 23:59:18 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by nospam
Post by Larry
First you buy a device that can PLAY movies downloaded free from
usenet, usually in DivX format (alt.binaries.movies.divx).
aside from being illegal, the iphone can do that.
Illegal? Where do you hear that? You didn't sell it, distribute it,
you watched it. You are all just so brainwashed by "them".....
As I said, it is amazing how thieves rationalize their thievery.
nospam
2009-08-01 00:00:34 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by nospam
Post by Larry
First you buy a device that can PLAY movies downloaded free from
usenet, usually in DivX format (alt.binaries.movies.divx).
aside from being illegal, the iphone can do that.
Illegal? Where do you hear that?
copyright law.
Post by Larry
You didn't sell it, distribute it, you
watched it. You are all just so brainwashed by "them".....
you advocate downloading it off usenet, which is a copyright
infringement. period.
Mike
2009-08-02 08:43:42 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by nospam
Post by Larry
First you buy a device that can PLAY movies downloaded free from
usenet, usually in DivX format (alt.binaries.movies.divx).
aside from being illegal, the iphone can do that.
Illegal? Where do you hear that? You didn't sell it, distribute it, you
watched it. You are all just so brainwashed by "them".....
It's still theft although rare for any action to be taken against
individuals here in the UK unless sharing or distributing, however
copying a DVD you own and putting onto your portable media device is legal.

Personally I wouldn't want to watch a film on a screen that small,
illegal or not!

Mike
Michelle Steiner
2009-08-02 11:42:26 UTC
Post by Mike
Personally I wouldn't want to watch a film on a screen that small,
illegal or not!
The only time I do is when I'm on an airplane. Speaking of which,
that's what I'll be doing today. Got all of The Sarah Jane Adventures
loaded on the iPhone for the trip.

I'll be back in a week; please be nice while I'm gone.
Larry
2009-08-02 14:17:03 UTC
Post by Mike
Personally I wouldn't want to watch a film on a screen that small,
illegal or not!
Mike
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/07/o-tenenbaum-riaa-wins-
675000-or-22500-per-song.ars

Too bad Americans can't just get together and take a month off buying
anything to send a message back up the pipes to the Jews at the top....

Keep buying it.....Spend $500/month for something that costs virtually
nothing, the ultimate product.

IT?!
Michelle Steiner
2009-08-02 14:53:51 UTC
Post by Larry
Too bad Americans can't just get together and take a month off buying
anything to send a message back up the pipes to the Jews at the top....
And Larry once again displays his bigotry. Go back to your Stormfront
buddies, you fucking hate monger.
Larry
2009-08-03 06:16:06 UTC
Post by Michelle Steiner
you fucking hate monger.
Thanks, baby doll....much appreciated.

IT?!
Jolly Roger
2009-08-01 01:55:21 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by Michelle Steiner
I had an expired rented movie on my iPhone
Rented?? They RENT movies?! How silly......
Blockbuster, NetFlix, and Apple and their millions upon millions of
customers would disagree with you. They all seem to be perfectly happy
with the idea.

JR