Calls going straight to voicemail
Add Reply
Connor Shannon
2024-04-24 19:25:33 UTC
Hi.

A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
the call and answer it?
Jolly Roger
2024-04-24 21:52:24 UTC
Post by Connor Shannon
Hi.
A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
the call and answer it?
Another possible cause is a very weak cellular signal in the area you were in
at the time. Loss of cellular signal while a call is incoming would
result in that call going straight to voicemail (same as if your phone
was turned off at the time).

JR
Connor Shannon
2024-04-25 05:11:31 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Connor Shannon
Hi.
A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
the call and answer it?
Another possible cause is a very weak cellular signal in the area you were in
at the time. Loss of cellular signal while a call is incoming would
result in that call going straight to voicemail (same as if your phone
was turned off at the time).
Hmmm maybe so. I do have kinda a weak signal at my desk and in fact I
lost a couple of calls today. Maybe I'll have somebody call me when the
signal bars are better and see if it does the same thing. Thank you.
Jolly Roger
2024-04-25 15:23:11 UTC
Post by Connor Shannon
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Connor Shannon
[...]
If calls are being dropped that's definitely a sign that you are losing
cellular connectivity.

JR