Higher Wattage Chargers
Add Reply
Colour Sergeant Bourne
2024-04-24 16:33:07 UTC
I've always charged my iPhone 11 with an Apple 5 watt charger.

Would using either the Apple 12 watt or 29 watt chargers that came with
my iPads deteriorate the iPhone 11 battery?
--
I am at the age where not finding a good parking space at an event is
enough to make me go home
Colour Sergeant Bourne
2024-04-24 16:35:19 UTC
Make that a 20 watt charger, not 29.
Chris
2024-04-24 16:51:10 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
I've always charged my iPhone 11 with an Apple 5 watt charger.
Would using either the Apple 12 watt or 29 watt chargers that came with
my iPads deteriorate the iPhone 11 battery?
Very slightly. Faster charging will warm the battery more and heat reduces
a battery's lifespan.
Jörg Lorenz
2024-04-24 17:06:56 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
I've always charged my iPhone 11 with an Apple 5 watt charger.
Would using either the Apple 12 watt or 29 watt chargers that came with
my iPads deteriorate the iPhone 11 battery?
No. I load my iPhone 14 and my wife's SE2020 with a 25W Third-Party
High-Quality-Charger. The charging speed is controlled by the device.
I would be much more careful with wireless chargers. They are so
inefficient that they heat up the battery to extreme levels.
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)
Tyrone
2024-04-24 17:44:30 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
I've always charged my iPhone 11 with an Apple 5 watt charger.
Would using either the Apple 12 watt or 29 watt chargers that came with
my iPads deteriorate the iPhone 11 battery?
No. I have always used iPad chargers for my iPhones. Since the iPhone 8 Plus.
No problems.
Alan Browne
2024-04-24 21:21:57 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
I've always charged my iPhone 11 with an Apple 5 watt charger.
Would using either the Apple 12 watt or 29 watt chargers that came with
my iPads deteriorate the iPhone 11 battery?
No. It might charge slightly faster, and that might result in a
slightly higher heating of the battery - but likely not enough to matter
in the long term.
--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”